Applying for Admission to a Certificate
- A minimum of one year of professional work experience post-baccalaureate.
- An undergraduate degree in any academic field from a regionally accredited institution.
- An undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.75.
- 9-12 credits per certificate (3-4 courses)
- Most students complete their certificate in 1-2 years taking one course per semester
Most students take courses from a distance while working full time.
The following materials represent a complete application file:
- Graduate Application Paper Application – At the top of the application, write in bold print ‘On Campus’ or ‘CAETE’ to designate whether you will study on campus or via distance learning.
- Cover Letter (Statement of Purpose)
- Current Professional Resume
- Letters of Recommendation: Two professional letters of recommendation written from a past supervisor, current supervisor or a person in a managerial role within the company. The Project Management Certificate requires one letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor or manager. Letters of recommendations are mailed directly to the Engineering Management Program office.
- Official Transcripts
Provide one copy of official transcripts from all universities attended to:
University of Colorado Boulder
Lockheed Martin Engineering Management Program
1111 Engineering Drive
UCB 433 – ECOT 417
Boulder, CO 80309-0433
- Fulfill the Writing Requirement by completing a proctored essay exam. (not required for applicants who have completed a master’s thesis or Ph.D.)
- Review the criteria provided in the Writing Requirements document.
- Designate a proctor and notify Engineering Management of the proctor’s name, position, company and e-mail address.
- Engineering Management will email the essay details to the proctor.
- The proctor can be the Education Officer, supervisor, manager or HR representative within your company. Librarians can also function as a proctor. Friends, relatives and peers are not eligible to assume the role of proctor.
Submission ProcessSubmit documents to: Kendra Locher, Admissions Assistant University of Colorado Boulder Lockheed Martin Engineering Management Program 1111 Engineering Drive UCB 433 – ECOT 417 Boulder, CO 80309-0433 (303) 492-0954 phone (303) 492-1443 fax
Turn your certificate into a graduate degree!
Your graduate EMP classes may be applied toward a Master in Engineering degree in Engineering Management, the management education credential for engineers and scientists.