The Master of Engineering is an excellent alternative to an MBA for engineers, scientists, and technical professionals who want to move into management. The program facilitates technically minded people to learn and practice data-driven management, develop leadership capabilities, and apply proven principles for business performance improvement.
The core curriculum addresses the business basics of project management, finance and accounting, quality management and leadership. Elective courses provide in-depth skills in areas such as Six Sigma, product management, R&D, ethics, and lean and agile management and software management. This curriculum ensures your success.
As an EMP graduate you will be equipped to lead people and organizations and respond to the challenges that go along with managing engineering and technology businesses.
EMP Areas of Excellence
- Entrepreneurship (5825, 5710, 5090, 5400, 5050)
- Ethical Leadership (5050, 5080)
- Lean & Agile Management (5500)
- Performance Excellence in Technology Management (5040, 5041, 5042)
- Project Management (5030, 5031, 5032)
- Managing Applied Research (5900, 5042, 5610, 5620)
- Quality Systems and Engineering (5040, 5042, 5900, 5043)
- Technology Ventures and Product Management (5020 or 5050, 5090, 5400, 5710)