- Earn a degree from a top-ranked engineering school.
- Acquire technical knowledge and management skills you’ll need for management positions.
- Receive credentials in critical industry competencies.
- Learn from faculty with real world, Fortune 500 experience.
- Study on the move through flexible learning options for busy professionals.
- Learn from engineers, scientists, and managers working for leading technology organizations.
- Enjoy a student-centered, interactive learning experience.
- CAETE (Center for Advanced Engineering & Technology Education) is now part of DANTES — The Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support, providing worldwide education support for the Department of Defense.
What Type of Student Are You?
Michael Turner, Fall 2011 alumnus
& Lead T.A. – EMP
Empower Your Career!
The Master of Engineering is an excellent alternative to an MBA for engineers, scientists, and technical professionals who want to move into management. The program encourages technically minded people to learn and practice data-driven management, develop their leadership capabilities, and apply proven principles for business performance improvement. As an EMP graduate you will be equipped to lead people and organizations and respond to the challenges that go along with managing engineering and technology businesses.
Get the EMP advantage you need to succeed.
The core curriculum addresses the business basics of project management, finance and accounting, quality management and leadership. Elective courses provide in-depth skills in areas such as Six Sigma, product management, R&D, ethics, and lean and agile management and software management. This curriculum is essential for business leaders to succeed.
The Engineering Management Program offers an ME in Engineering Management, with Black Belt certification as an option; a dual degree in telecom; two professional certifications; ten certificates; and three more dual degrees are coming soon. We also encourage you to try before you buy - take up to three classes before applying to the Engineering Management degree. You can earn credits and get to know students and faculty while preparing your graduate admissions materials.